Beginning May 15th 2019, contractors employed by the Authority will inspect and service approximately 6,000 fire hydrants located throughout unincorporated Newton County. This effort will continue through the summer, subject to plentiful water supply at our reservoir. Our Contractor, DMD Consultants, will work westward from the Yellow River toward our more densely populated areas toward Salem Road.
This work is intended to achieve the following:
• Ensuring that every fire hydrant is operable;
• Improving water quality through robust flushing;
• Improving access and visibility for the Fire Department;
• Cleaning and painting every hydrant;
• Maintaining or improving the community’s Insurance Office Rating; thus,
• Assisting homeowners on their insurance premiums
As we undertake this important maintenance on the water system, we ask that you call (770) 787-1375 and report any water quality issues to Lindsey Chambers.